When Talking to the Press
Proper and consistent messaging with all organizers is essential.
The press will interview some of you.
It is critical we stay on message and on point.
Use the messaging provided here and throughout the website.
- Description of the event is simple. It’s a GATHERING.
- Messaging is simple: NO to dirty fuels and YES to Clean Energy
- Event is simple. Go to the beach, park, river, state house, and join hands.
We are joining hands to end our dependence on oil and coal. We are embracing a clean energy future for a sustainable planet. Safe food, clean water, and clean air are the essential fundamental elements of our survival as a species.
Be sure to check our Press Materials in our Event Planning Resources section.
Additional event planning topics:
Event Planning Resources
How to Organize Your Event
Event Organizer Responsibilities
on May 20, 2017
Go to an event location near you at 11 AM, in your time zone, for one hour, rain or shine.
Join hands for 15 minutes at 12:00 PM, in your time zone, forming lines in the sand, or on the land, against dirty fuels. Say yes to clean energy and renewables.
Leave only your footprints. In addition, consider getting involved in a local organization that supports clean energy.
Event Day Tips
- Use only approved locations. This includes beach access and parking, plus parks and recreational areas.
- Create a long line, or as many lines as you wish.
- Be courteous and respectful to those who disagree with your view.
- Please steer clear of bird nesting areas (refer to Audubon’s recommendations).
If at beach, stay away from sea turtle nesting areas (visit Sea Turtle Oversight Protection for more information).
In addition, respect any flora and fauna (plants and animals) for your particular region.
- Leave nothing but footprints...and enjoy yourself!