Thank you 2015 participants!
Thank you to ALL who joined hands on May 16th, 2015. It is time to join hands again. May 21st 2016
In New Zealand, a town of 3000 people, 500 were on a beach joining hands.
We are grateful for all those that participated from around the globe.
Photo taken by Verena Maeder, with Clean Energy Action
Thank you Sierra Club, Surfrider Foundation, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy, Oceana, Chart411, Center for a Sustainable Coast, and Gulf Restoration Network.
We stand together in solidarity and work towards ending our dependance of dirty fuels and say YES to clean energy.
The images of thousands of people around the globe joining hands sends a powerful message.
We join hands to:
- End our dependence on dangerous, dirty fuels
- End global warming and climate change
- Embrace clean energy
“It’s the most important thing we can do as human beings”
-Dede Shelton, Executive Director
-Dave Rauschkolb, founder
on May 21, 2016
Go to an event location near you at 11 AM, in your time zone, for one hour, rain or shine.
Join hands for 15 minutes at 12:00 PM, in your time zone, forming lines in the sand, or on the land, against dirty fuels. Say yes to clean energy and renewables.
Leave only your footprints. In addition, consider getting involved in a local organization that supports clean energy.
Event Day Tips
- Use only approved locations. This includes beach access and parking, plus parks and recreational areas.
- Create a long line, or as many lines as you wish.
- Be courteous and respectful to those who disagree with your view.
- Please steer clear of bird nesting areas (refer to Audubon’s recommendations).
If at beach, stay away from sea turtle nesting areas (visit Sea Turtle Oversight Protection for more information).
In addition, respect any flora and fauna (plants and animals) for your particular region.
- Leave nothing but footprints...and enjoy yourself!