A Message to the World
Hands 2017 – Our 2017 events will be held around the world on May 20th, 2017. This is truly the year that we must organize Hands Across the Sand / Land events as grassroots advocates to educate and advocate.
It is a critical time for our oceans and environment, it is time we end climate change for good! We can only do this by organizing, joining hands, taking pictures / drone videos of thousands of people around the world standing in silent solidarity to say NO to filthy fuels and YES to clean energy!
Hands 2016 – Thousands around the Globe joined Hands on May 21st, 2016 to say NO to filthy fuels and YES to clean energy. It was a TOTAL success!! Thank you organizers and participants!!! Thank you to our SPONSORS – Sierra Club, Oceana, Greenpeace, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy, Friends of the Earth, South Carolina Wildlife Federation, Gulf Restoration Network, Urban Paradise Guild and Oceana.
We had events in India, Italy, Cameroon, Morocco, New Zealand, Australia, Algeria and around the USA.
“It’s the most important thing we can do as human beings” – Dave Rauschkolb, founder.
May 21st, 2016 was our 6th anniversary, and the events were extremely timely. We had 83 events around the globe!!!
Visit our FB page at: https://www.facebook.com/HandsAcrossTheSand
Hands Across the Sand / Land, founded in 2010, grew into an international movement after the BP oil disaster in April of that year. People came together to join hands, forming symbolic barriers against spilled oil and to stand against the impacts of other forms of extreme energy.
Four years later, as millions begin to understand that President Obama’s Climate Action Plan falls short if it fails to address keeping dirty fuels in the ground, there’s a rising tide of grassroots activism demanding that we choose a clean energy future over the dangerous and dirty fuels of the 20th century.
The coalition of organizations, activists and citizens around the world bring the message of clean energy to local and world leaders.
We invite activists to organize hundreds of events and Join Hands creating a powerful image to send to our elected officials.
We invite activists to call for the President maintain his rejection of the KXL and other tar sands pipelines and call on local and state leaders to protect our communities by rejecting projects that expand the extraction and use of fossil fuels — and instead accelerate the shift to clean, renewable energy.
In addition, these events will highlight urgent national and regional issues including:
- opposing coastal, offshore and Arctic drilling, and seismic blasting off the East Coast
- protesting mountaintop removal, tar sands mining, hydraulic fracturing, and LNG export terminals
And calling attention to the impact of climate disruption such as rising sea levels, super storms, drought, forest fires, flooding and ocean acidification.
Join Hands with us! It’s easy, visit our resource page for help.
Host an event in your local area.
It’s easy to do:
Click on the box with the Ocean issues or Land issues and register your event.
We provide everything you need to create a successful experience.
Whether it’s a group of 2 or 10,000 — it doesn’t matter.
Let’s stand together and “Say NO to dirty fuels and YES to clean energy.”
Thank you 2014 #JoinHANDS participants!
HANDS Mission Statement
- Bring together individuals and organizations to promote a clean energy future across the world and end our dependence on dirty fuels. Gather thousands of Americans and global citizens at beaches and cities to draw metaphorical and actual lines in the sand; human lines in the sand against fossil fuels that threaten our future.
- Move local, state, national and world leaders to adopt policies encouraging the growth of clean and renewable energy.
An Opportunity of National and Global Importance
- Now is the time for citizens across the globe to join hands and steer our energy policy away from our dependence on fossil fuels and towards clean energy and renewables.